Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 7




Today's the day of my first real improvement. I went in to the clinic and had my wrap and brace removed for the first time. The gauze was coated with blood, but my leg didn't look too bad. They gave me a compression stalking to wear, but the Iceman Pad is off of my knee.
The highlight news of the day is that they're letting me walk. Slowly, carefully, and with the help of the crutches, I was able to walk out of the doctors office. I visited Adam at the bagel shop, and then I went home. At home, I successfully climbed my stairs and walked around a bit. Now I'm able to be walking with only one crutch or a cane. By tomorrow I think I'll be walking around the house with little need for support. I'll still be using the crutches for stairs and longer walks.

Less than a full week after the surgery and I'm already walking around. I couldn't have hoped for anything better. I'm starting real physical therapy tomorrow at 8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment