Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 16-18

It's been nice to be able to walk around without the compression stocking. It's a lot more comfortable without it. My knee has been feeling great, and I've been keeping up with my therapy exercises, and I've added more to the mix.

I've been doing some wall squats, and Scott gave me some balancing exercises that incorporate elastics. I can tell that my knee is getting a lot stronger. The scars are fading quickly, along with the bruising. I can start swimming as soon as the scabs are gone.

When we measured my motion today, my extension was still at 0*, but my bending had increased to 125*. Biking is becoming a lot easier now too.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are progressing nicely. I had my 6th month post op visit today. I remeber what you are feeling. Just a few words, recover is about working hard and staying positive. Somedays will be awesome, somee days will suck bad. Just remeber stick to the protocol, and work hard, and it will be over soon. I myself plan on still workig my leg out, but it has been on he'll of a journey, good luck, and you have any questions shoot me an email, and follow my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great story! I am a 16 year old girl, and tore my ACL playing soccer in september, and was cleared for practice at the end of april. At my fourth practice back, I cut to the left and tore my ACL yet again in the same knee. I am 7 weeks into the surgery, and I decided to blog about it this time! I was wondering if there was any chance you could put my link onto your blog or post it or advertise it in some way? It would be awesome if you could, but if not, thats okay too! Thanks so much!

    http://aclplainandsimple.blogspot.com/v

    ReplyDelete